Hello all! We know that we’ve been super quiet the past couple months, but rest assured we have been busy. It’s been a while since we last released a devlog so today we want to share with you where we are with the development of Rise Of The Jemhaji and some exciting studio developments.
This is the 3rd devlog for our game, Rise Of The Jemhaji. In the last one we discussed our design process and the documents that we’re using to keep the project organised. In this one, we want to give you an update on where we are with the development of the game.
We are on the way to completing the first playable version of the game, and our artists are making great progress with the assets for it, from environments to NPCs to enemies.
Welcome to the 2nd devlog for Rise Of The Jemhaji. Last time we discussed our combat prototype and how we went about that. This time we’ll talk about the next step we took, which was fleshing out the vision of the game by starting on our game design work.
Now we’ve already talked about our top 3 documents for Game Design, but for this blog post we wanted to go a little more in-depth when discussing what we’ve done so far. Speaking of so far, the current documents we have are:
For our first devlog we wanted to talk about the development of Rise Of The Jemahaji’s combat prototype. This was the first step we took in creating the game as we wanted to see if the combat mechanic we had in mind would actually work and be viable.